AudioPocket for volca sample
- iOS app “AudioPocket” enables you to program your volca sample memory with audio samples from the following:
– The app.
Record on-the-spot with the app, where you can preview, trim and normalize your impromptu sample recording.
– Your computer.
Using iTunes File Sharing, just drag and drop into “AudioPocket documents”
– Factory presets.
Choose from a library sound-designed by KORG.
- Compatible audio data formats
- “aif”, “aiff”, “wav”, “mp3”, “caf”, “aac”, “m4a”
- *To use AudioPocket with the volca sample, the operating system for the volca sample must be “System Version 1.20 or later.
*You will need a stereo mini jack cable to connect your iPhone to your volca sample.
Introducing AudioPocket for volca sample
volca sample SDK
The volca sample is a powerful sample sequencer that includes a set of preloaded sound samples designed by KORG. Previously you needed our iOS app if you wanted to use your own samples but now, with the KORG SYRO library included in the SDK, you can create your own tools with the interface that you design for your platform. Not only will this library unleash the potential to load samples and sequences, it will empower you to combine this code with other features you have made.
– Auto-slice a song to generate a sample set?
– Turn photos of patterns into sequences?
– Algorithmic music generator?
– Generate random sequence from quantum effects?
The choice is yours. Your creativity and coding skills are the limit.
The library is a set of code written in C that contains the algorithms necessary to convert data into a stream of audio that the volca sample can recognize. The following can be performed by the resulting audio:
– program the internal sample memory of your volca sample
– program the sequence memory of your volca sample
– delete samples in your volca sample
By using this library, developers can build their own tools on a platform of their choice – be it Mac, Windows, Linux or Android. In fact our iOS app “AudioPocket for volca sample” was built using this library.
GitHub is a web based software collaboration platform with a community of 7.4 million users. The community can manage software projects by sharing and collaborating with developers from all over the world. KORG has been using GitHub for some years now, but this is the first time that a project is going public. In doing so, we encourage developers around the world to collaborate and share their best ideas on how the KORG SYRO library can be used.
We look forward to the ideas that you will develop!