True analog sound generated by a complete replication of the original ARP Odyssey’s circuitry
The ARP Odyssey is known best for its sharp and biting tone, and the rich possibilities of modulation that allow an incredible variety of sounds. The ARP ODYSSEY Module is equipped with the very same circuitry as the ARP ODYSSEY, which itself is a perfect replica of the original unit, developed under the supervision of the ARP Instruments company’s co-founder David Friend. Its module-type design invites the user into an even deeper world of sound design.
* 2VCO. The duophonic design allows two different pitches to sound when you play two notes.
* The high degree of pitch stability for which the ARP Odyssey was remarkable in its time has been perfectly reproduced.
* Pitch is variable over a wide range of 20 Hz–2 kHz.
* Pitch modulation and pulse width modulation can be controlled.
* Oscillator sync provides sharp, great-sounding overtones extending into a high range.
* Noise generator provides two noise types: white and pink.
* Powerful LFO can be used as a modulation source for the oscillator or filter, or as a trigger source for sample & hold.
* Ring modulator generates metallic sounds with rich overtones.
* The distinctive S/H MIXER lets you easily create sample & hold sounds by using the oscillator or noise generator as a source that’s triggered by the LFO or keyboard.
* The three types of low-pass filter found on different production runs of the original ARP Odyssey are all provided. With a single switch you can select any one of these filters with their differing characteristics: TYPE I (Rev1) is a 12 dB/octave filter with a sharp and punchy sound, TYPE II (Rev2) is a 24 dB/octave filter that’s great for thick low sounds, and TYPE III (Rev3) features excellent stability even when the resonance is increased.
* A wide variety of modulation sources such as S/H, LFO, ADSR, and AR can be used to modulate the filter.
* A high-pass filter is provided following the low-pass filter, giving you even broader sound design possibilities.
* A new function, the DRIVE switch generates extreme and aggressive sounds.
* VCA GAIN slider leaves the note sustaining. Ideal for sound design.
* Envelope generator with two types: ADSR and AR. This can be used not only for the VCA but also to modulate the filter or oscillator.